[pytest-dev] Moving catchlog to pytest-dev (was: Re: pytest-capturelog status/merging to core?)

Florian Schulze florian.schulze at gmx.net
Mon Nov 9 07:27:44 EST 2015

On 9 Nov 2015, at 9:52, holger krekel wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 06:24 +0100, Florian Bruhin wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> * Florian Bruhin <me at the-compiler.org> [2015-10-20 06:20:42 +0200]:
>>> * Arthur Skowronek <eisensheng at mailbox.org> [2015-10-19 23:17:24
>>> +0200]:

>>> I used to have a different stance on this - but after reconsidering,
>>> agree it'd be best to have a "recommended" plugin (i.e. catchlog, as
>>> it's maintained and under pytest-dev) rather than merge things into
>>> core.
>>
>> Backwards compatibility is restored and eisensheng released 1.2.0 -
>> so
>> I think everything is ready to move pytest-catchlog to pytest-dev
>> now.
>>
>> Of course +1 from my side - any objections and/or a second +1 please?
>> ;)
>
> I noticed that there now also is a pytest-logging release from Pedro
> Algarvio:
>
>  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pytest-logging
>
> which adds to the confusion around logging and pytest, unfortunately.
>
> I haven't used pytest-catchlog myself yet but intend to do so.

I just tested it with devpi-server and it's mostly a dropin replacement.
It doesn't support Python 2.6 though, so we either have to drop support
for that as well, or restore compatibility. For now it looks like one
place is affected in catchlog.
Unfortunately catchlog doesn't fix the pypy test failures in
devpi-server, but at least there we can get a fix in if we find one.

Regards,
Florian Schulze