[pytest-dev] Disabling third-party application access on GitHub

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sat Sep 12 23:57:20 CEST 2015

* Bruno Oliveira <nicoddemus at gmail.com> [2015-09-12 21:45:02 +0000]:
> Hmm it seems that after this change I can't browse pytest-dev repositories
> on AppVeyor anymore from my account or pytestbot's. IIUC, now AppVeyor must
> be authorized again to browse pytest-dev repositories, but I don't see any
> option either on the GitHub interface (
> https://github.com/organizations/pytest-dev/settings/oauth_application_policy)
> or in AppVeyor.
>
> Does anyone have any tips how to do this? I was trying to add
> pytest-faulthandler to AppVeyor, if it is relevant.

I did the following to fix it:

- Log in to GitHub as pytestbot
- Go to the profile settings of pytestbot and revoke access for
  AppVeyor
- Try to log in to AppVeyor again with the pytestbot account, which
  will bring up the GitHub "Authorize application" screen.
- Click "Grant access" for the pytest-dev organization and "Authorize
  application".
- Go to the repo list and grant access again (for some reason,
  AppVeyor is split across two GitHub applications).

Then I could add pytest-faulthandler :)

Florian