[pytest-dev] Releases

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Mon Sep 14 12:52:50 CEST 2015

Hi Bruno, all,

On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 14:39 +0000, Bruno Oliveira wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> Glad to have you back. :)

still struggling to get back on pytest tracks ...

> The main points holding back 2.8 I think are:
>
> * vendoring pluggy (https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/pull/959)
> * merge pytest-cache into core (
> https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/pull/828)

thanks.  looked at both and made minor comments.  they are 99% ready for
merge from my side.

I'll plan to help with pytest-2.8 from wednesday on.  I suggest we push
ahead with releasing with the two above PRs merged (and whatever else
gets done before wednesday).

Can someone check if 2.8 works good with the just released python3.5?

Bruno, do you maybe want to be the one releasing and announcing pytest-2.8?
I'd be helping with testing and whatever comes up -- ideally through IRC.
And i guess others would be ready to help as well.  If not, anyone else
stepping forward?

cheers,
holger