[pytest-dev] pytest-capturelog status/merging to core?

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Fri Sep 25 11:43:16 CEST 2015

Hi all,

pytest-capturelog has been abandoned [1] but is still getting used a lot
as far as i see.  As it basically helps dealing with capturing logging
and logging is part of the python standard lib i think we could see
to merge it into pytest and maintain it from there.  Is anyone up
for trying to do this along the lines of pytest-cache?

FWIW I expect less breakage with pytest-capturelog because there is
no change like there was with the execnet->json move while merging.
It should be a relatively straightforward task.

Alternatively we could see to get maintainership from pypi admins
but i think in this case it's not worth it.

best,
hogler

[1] I and others tried to contact the author several times to no avail.