[pytest-dev] pytest 2.8.1 issue status and blockers

Ronny Pfannschmidt opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de
Mon Sep 28 08:06:44 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

over the weekend i had some time to do grooming and attempted a few
fixes and did issue grooming

the 1.8.1 milestone is down to 4 open issues

https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/1073
* a fix in pluggy is on the way thanks to Brono!

https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/pull/1060
* that pull request is currently not merge-able since it brings back
regressions we fixed pre-2.8, but the items it fixes are critical
  we def want that in

  Buck did a great job of discovering the cause and doing the fixes,
  unfortunately his refracting went too far and reintroduced an internal
issue

https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/1037
* is a regression we def want to fix

https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/1026
* is not critical but nice to have documentation, ideally fixed in union
with #1073

i consider #1060 is a release blocker, but it has a very high backward
break potential as is,
however i cant work on it myself this week,

we can either try to include it or should make a big note as a known
issue and try to do another patch release as soon as its ready

current time-frames look like we should mark it as known issue

-- Ronny