[pytest-dev] 3.0 next week?

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 18:59:51 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Is everyone OK with releasing pytest 3.0 next week? My idea is to:

1) Early in the week, create and publish a pytest-3.0 package on my devpi
channel [1] and ask people to test it on twitter and the relevant mailing
lists;
2) If there are no blocking issues reported, release it to PyPI on Thursday;
3) Try to be available during the weekend if any major issue comes up to
hopefully provide a quick fix;
4) Profit!

I know few people usually test "unofficial" releases like this, but I would
feel better to do it for a major release like this one.

After pushing the package to PyPI, I would like to publish the "What's new
on Pytest 3.0" [2] blog post, so if somebody still wants to review it
please do so until then.

Cheers,
Bruno.

[1] https://devpi.net/nicoddemus/dev