[pytest-dev] 3.0 next week?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Aug 5 06:09:52 EDT 2016

Hey,

my 0.02 $currency on this:

* Bruno Oliveira <nicoddemus at gmail.com> [2016-08-04 22:59:51 +0000]:
> Is everyone OK with releasing pytest 3.0 next week? My idea is to:

I'd love that, but let's take a quick look at what we *wanted* in 3.0
first.

Anything which is not either a bug introduced since the last release,
or a backwards-incompatible change should be postponed to 3.1 (i.e.
its milestone adjusted), or postponed indefinitely (i.e. its milestone
removed).

----

On the wiki page I checked some stuff which is done already, now "doc
restructuring" and "fixture conftest sharing" is still there:

https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/wiki/pytest-3.0-checklist

I have no idea what the latter is, but the doc restructuring probably
will still take a while and shouldn't block 3.0.

----

On GitHub, we still have some 30 open issues marked as 3.0:
https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/milestone/2

I closed some which are already fixed (but not auto-closed because PRs
were merged to features and not master).

Now which of those are important, relatively easy, backwards
incompatible changes? Should we do those before releasing 3.0?

I really wouldn't want to release 3.0 with 28 open issues where we
don't know if they should go to 3.0 or not ;)

----

We also have four open PRs. From my POV:

Almost ready and should go to 3.0:
https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/pull/1791
https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/pull/1621

No idea what state they're in: