[pytest-dev] [proposal] installing the psf-chronegrapher into pytest-dev

RonnyPfannschmidt opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de
Sat Dec 7 06:28:06 EST 2019

Am 05.12.19 um 11:27 schrieb Ned Batchelder:
> On 12/5/19 12:00 AM, RonnyPfannschmidt wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>

>> in https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/6080 it was noted that
>> https://github.com/apps/psf-chronographer ensures towncrier notes are
>> in prs,
>> i would like to  propose enabling it for all of pytest-dev
>>

> Like Jim, I would like to have more details about what this would mean
> for each repo in the pytest-dev org. Does every repo have to adopt
> towncrier?
>
> Additionally, I've never heard of the "pyba" org that authored this
> bot, and that org has no public members, so I can't even see who is
> writing this bot.  Can we encourage them to be more transparent?

indeed, its currently not transparent enough,
it came out of pip/cypthon and us used for their towncrier style management.

before putting it in i will validate what repos will be affected,
and more general properties as well as ensuting more transparent
documentation of the system.

i would like this to support and enable painless voluntary towncrier
adoption,
but if it turns out not to be able to provide that, we cant use it globally.

-- Ronny