[pytest-dev] Keeping failing test ids for git bisect

Florian Schulze florian.schulze at gmx.net
Sat May 4 02:32:10 EDT 2019

On 4 May 2019, at 1:34, Daniel Hahler wrote:

>> I wanted to write a plugin for that for months (if not years) now,
>> but never
>> got around to it. So far I've also done what you described.
>
> See https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/5073 for general
> improvements for the last-failed plugin, and
> https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/1017 from 2016 for this
> specific issue.
>
> I think this should be addressed/fixed there, instead of creating a
> new plugin.

As can be seen from the attempts Ronny made, it's hard to get it right.
That's why I think this should evolve in a plugin and can eventually be
moved to core.

The issues showed me several use cases I didn't think about and I think
it's not trivial to find a good cli ui for all of them.

Regards,
Florian Schulze