[pytest-dev] hardcode 4.x mid-2020 EOL

Ronny Pfannschmidt opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de
Sat Jul 4 14:23:49 EDT 2020

Hi Bruno, Thomas,

given that thanks to the release automation work Bruno and the others
did put in,
the effort for doing releases after community contributions is very
sustainable.

I believe its fair to leave it open for until there was about a full
year without a new contribution/release.

Should the automation eventually change an the cost for doing the
releases changes,
it seems fair to drop the offer at that point.

We should however put it into very clear writing that any
backporting/bugfixing is up to the python2+pytest using community,
pytest-core will not handle any of that on volunteer time.

-- Ronny