[pytest-dev] pytest-timeout maintaintenance

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Sun Jul 18 13:25:45 EDT 2021

Hi all,

As you might be aware I've been doing extremely little with respect to
pytest-timeout maintenance.  This is mostly fine as it's a very low
maintenance package at this point in its lifecycle, but it does give
people who do try to contribute valuable things a very suboptimal
experience of me reviewing things about once a month or less.  And there
hasn't been anyone regularly contributing that I can just give
permissions.

So this is a call to see if anyone thinks they could do a better job at
maintaining pytest-timeout.  If so let me know, go guide people through
PRs and I'll happily give the right maintainer bits on github and PyPI.
It's not that I don't want to touch it anymore or entirely disappear,
and I will remain happy to answer the occasional question.  Though my
time is certainly not spent on it anymore and my response times will
probably remain in O(weeks) as they are currently.

If no one would like to do this it's also not the worst, but
contributors will keep having to put up with the current sub-optimal
level of maintainer interaction.

Cheers,
Floris