[Python-3000] String formating operations in python 3k

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Mon Apr 3 12:06:32 CEST 2006

>> Not me. Surely it'd help if its documentation explained why on earth it has
>> been introduced. There are no apparent advantages over the builtin %s
operator,
>> at first sight. Nothing worth using a non-standard non-builtin substitution
>> engine, at least.

> PEP 292.

Yes, I said "documentation" for a reason. Since when people have to go looking
in PEPs for rationale of a module? string.Template introduces a very clear
TOOWTDI conflict, I think the documentation should mention and try to explain
it. For instance, the documentation for Decimal is pretty clear as to when
Decimal is to be used and how it is different from float.

Giovanni Bajo