[Python-3000] pre-PEP: Things that Will Not Change in Python 3.0

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Tue Apr 4 14:00:56 CEST 2006

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I was going to comment about this one "check it in, we'll add to it
> later", but then I realized it's not 100% clear whether this is a
> feature PEP or a meta-PEP? It focuses on features so by that yardstick
> it's a feature PEP. But in its list-of-miscellany nature it
> approximates a meta-PEP. Hmm, perhaps it ought to be PEP 3999 (which
> can be seen as minus one in the numbering scheme for Python-3000 PEPs
> :-)?
>
> In any case let's not let it longer for long. Realistically, I think
> it can be a meta-PEP.

Since it's a meta-PEP, but closely related to features, I've checked it
in with number 3099, that is, "first feature-PEP minus one".

Related question: as the current PEP 3000 contains mainly feature proposals,
shouldn't it be renamed to 3100? PEP 3000 could then be a quasi-summary of
3xxx PEPs and random important facts that don't fit elsewhere.

Georg