[Python-3000] Will we have a true restricted exec environment for python-3000?

sdeibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Sat Apr 8 20:00:16 CEST 2006

From: Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com>:
> But it would only be feasible if some angel came along and offered me (or
> somebody else) a full-time job doing it, because there's no way I could do it
> in my spare time and make it work in a usable fashion. Something like this
> would also need the support of an organisation behind it in order to be able
> to jump on security problems quickly.

Well, I remember this was one of the key goals Mitch Kapor
outlined for Python in his keynote at PyCon.  He blogged about it
too:

http://blogs.osafoundation.org/mitch/000559.html

So maybe this is a possibility in the context of the OSAF? It's
probably a bit ahead of what the PSF can commit to, but a good
example of what it might fund in the future as an ongoing effort
if it can't be sustained any other way.

If you (or somebody) is interested enough, I could try to ask
around at OSAF and mention it to the PSF board too.

Just a thought...

Stephan Deibel
Chairman of the Board
Python Software Foundation