[Python-3000] Sane transitive adaptation

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat Apr 8 22:59:26 CEST 2006

At 01:39 PM 4/8/2006 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>For example, what if one library overloads bool(str) so
>that bool("False") == False, while another library assumes the
>traditional meaning (non-zero string => True)?

Presumably, the author of that code would be taken out and shot.  :)

I suspect, however, we should look to Ruby for an answer to that question,
since it's possible for such things to happen there as well.  i.e.,
"consenting adults" is therefore much more of a requirement there,
especially the "adult" part.  :)