[Python-3000] Will we have a true restricted exec environment for python-3000?

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Apr 10 20:30:10 CEST 2006

If you have specific problems you should email distutils-sig at python.org
(and/or the mechanize maintainer) and describe the problems you are
having, and what the desired behavior would be.

And maybe try the svn trunk version of setuptools first to see if your
problem is resolved.

> Plus, one of the resources was unavailable to my install just failed. Relying
> on various pieces scattered over sourceforge doesn't really seem all that
> close to me.

That's up to the people packaging their software, both how they
distribute packages, and what packages they will require.  It's not up
to setuptools.  And SF downloading just all-around sucks :-/ -- that's
not setuptools' fault.