[Python-3000] Did I miss anything?

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 21:02:27 CEST 2006

> I wish the community efforts for Python 3000 were focused more on
> practical things like the effects of making all strings unicode,
> designing a bytes datatype, a new I/O stack, and the view objects to
> be returned by keys() etc. These things need thorough design as well
> as serious prototyping efforts in the next half year.

Sorry for the noise then.  I only meant to point to it since it
potentially addresses the issue of (at least the syntax of) creating
interface objects.  I'm going to avoid responding to any more comments
on it on the Python-3000 list to keep the noise level down, and
redirect the discussion to the python-dev list once I get a PEP
number.

Steve
--
Grammar am for people who can't think for myself.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy