[Python-3000] Draft PEP: Module Initialization and finalization

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Apr 13 03:58:59 CEST 2006

Thomas Wouters wrote:

> On 4/12/06, *"Martin v. Löwis"* <martin at v.loewis.de
> <mailto:martin at v.loewis.de>> wrote:
>
>     This raises the question whether modules should be able to
>     participate in cyclic GC...
>
> Don't they already? They have a traverse proc, just not a clear proc.

It's been suggested before that the explicit clearing
of a module at interpreter shutdown should be replaced
with just letting cyclic GC do its thing. Is there any
reason why that wouldn't work? It might lead to less of
the unintuitive behaviour that sometimes occurs because
of this.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiam!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |