[Python-3000] Will we have a true restricted exec environment for python-3000?

Ivan Krstic krstic at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 14 10:35:15 CEST 2006

Nick Coghlan wrote:
> This is why I think the first step in a solid Python restricted execution
> framework isn't an implementation activity but a research/scoping activity,
> looking at the various systems already out there, and the various trade-offs
> involved in each.

This might be a good point to invite Ben Laurie (of Apache-SSL fame) to
jump into the conversation. He researched restricted Python execution
when working on what eventually became CaPerl:

  http://www.links.org/?p=28

See also the responses to Ted Leung's blog post about this
(http://www.sauria.com/blog/2005/Nov/27), with comments by Phillip Eby
and Ian.

--
Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D