[Python-3000] Making strings non-iterable

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Apr 14 14:36:33 CEST 2006

On 4/14/06, Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org> wrote:
> We can  fairly easily make strings non-iterable in the p3yk branch (and
> remove the default-iter in general), see how many tests it breaks ;P

I would do this in two steps: first remove the default-iter, see how
many tests it breaks.

But first we need to make all tests pass! If anyone wants to help out
in the p3yk (sic) branch, please pick one of the failing tests, figure
out why it fails, and propose a fix. (You can the fix in SF, assign it
to me, and mail me about it. I'll assign it back to you to signal that
it's okay to check it in.)