[Python-3000] Is reload() feasible?

Benji York benji at benjiyork.com
Fri Apr 14 15:28:17 CEST 2006

Ian Bicking wrote:
> Notably, Zope 3 does not include reloading (though it was
> included in Zope 2, in a more general form than just what reload()
> does).  It was removed because of these corner cases where it doesn't
> work, and because when these corner cases happen the results are
> inscrutable and frustrating errors.

A bit more info: Gintautas Miliauskas has done a "view reloader" for Z3
(http://gintas.pov.lt/darcs/z3reload/README.txt) that only reloads a
very specific (but most often wanted) type of module.  We've considered
taking a similar approach and defining a very narrow set of requirements
to make a module reloadable.  Perhaps something along those lines would
be useful for Py3K.
--
Benji York