[Python-3000] Python 3000 and the Google Summer of Code

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 21:27:36 CEST 2006

On 4/17/06, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> The PyPy group also has a few prospective mentors, projects, and mentees.
> On the presumption that PSF coordinating sponsership is not limited to
> CPython only projects, I forwarded Neal's SoC py-dev post to their list.

Excellent. I  was thinking about specifically mailing PyPy,
IronPython, and Jython.
I think we should support them in addition to CPython.

> Gmane.org mirrors at least 50 python-related mailing lists.  If, when the
> wiki pages are done and mentor/project registration in place, you want an
> announcement sent to such lists, sent me something and I will forward it to
> any that seem appropriate.  (The only signup needed is to hit reply to 'Are
> you a person and did you post?' messages.)

I know what it takes to sign a mentor up.  It's just a link.  I
haven't publicised it yet.  But I plan to soon.  If you would like to
craft a nice message I can give you all the info so you can get the
word out.