[Python-3000] A wish: build C, C++, FORTRAN library wrapping into Python.

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Apr 19 08:11:04 CEST 2006

Edward C. Jones wrote:
> How much of the wrapping process can
> be built into Python?  What would Beasley, Abrahams, Ewing,
> et al want to see done?

Well, my idea of what a Pythonic Python-wrapping system
should be is Pyrex, and I don't think I'd want too much
of that incorporated into Python itself. Better to leave
it as a separate tool.

Maybe one day Pyrex could make use of some of Python's
parsing and AST machinery -- or maybe not. Some of the
tricks Pyrex does with its recursive descent parser
would be difficult to reproduce with the likes of pgen.

--
Greg