[Python-3000] Python 3000 and the Google Summer of Code

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Apr 20 01:28:59 CEST 2006

"Guido van Rossum" <guido at python.org> wrote in message
news:ca471dc20604190418x4548c45fp410d5df3e9ec4ced at mail.gmail.com...
> One comment: I would add explicitly to the subject that the PSF is
> currently requesting mentors, not students. Perhaps
>
>   Subject: Python Software Foundation looking for mentors for the
> Google Summer of Code
>
> would work?

Given that students' proposals are due in a one week window beginning in 11
days, and that they therefore need to start preparing *soon*, do you really
want to make that restriction?  Or are you thinking of a second
announcement (soon)?

> How widely are you sending this? I'd say c.l.py.a, c.l.py, python-dev,
> IronPython, Jython, Zope lists.

That is for you or Neal to decide, not me.  My involvement with this began
with an offer to forward an announcement to gmane.comp.python.*.devel
newsgroup lists *if* you or Neal wished it.  But I forget that there is
c.l.p.a for people that don't read c.l.p but want occasional important
announcements.  In any case, unless you want it only sent to the above
lists, I am now thinking it would be better anyway to just add a line to
the bottom inviting recipients to share on other forums where they have
involvement.  If that were done, then I, for instance, would forward to the
pygame list which I read  and occasionally post to.

My latest revision is attached to my response to Neal.

Terry Jan Reedy