[Python-3000] PEP - string.format

Talin talin at acm.org
Fri Apr 21 19:17:18 CEST 2006

Talin <talin <at> acm.org> writes:

> I decided to take some of the ideas discussed in the string formatting
> thread, add a few touches of my own, and write up a PEP.
>
> http://viridia.org/python/doc/PEP_AdvancedStringFormatting.txt
>
> (I've also submitted the PEP via the normal channels.)

No responses? I'm surprised...

(I assume the PEP editor is on vacation, since I haven't gotten
a response from that channel either.)

I realize its long, and people might not have had time to
read the whole thing. But I wanted to make sure that every
issue had been addressed.

Or if you just want me to drop it, I can do that as well...just
do so politely and I will take no offense :) (I'm a pretty hard
person to offend.)

-- Talin