[Python-3000] Unsure if I should write a PEP on Types

Bill Birch birchb at tpg.com.au
Mon Apr 24 16:09:03 CEST 2006

The optional static typing blog
http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=87182 and many other
postings imply a lot of interesting detail about types, type expression, type
checking, adapt() and such.  I'm considering collecting some of these
subjects together in a note for review and perhaps as a PEP.
Subjects would include:
* Recap of type concepts and motivations: dynamic, subtyping, nominative,
structural, duck.
* Use cases for types: checking, introspection, test generation, OSTC
* Type expressions
* Run-time type lattice
* Type class abstract interface: type operators
* and some working code

Has a PEP already been written? Would this be useful? Who else finds this
interesting or may have started on these subjects?

OK, so I'm fishing for encouragement here..... ;-)

--
http://billbirch.wordpress.com/