[Python-3000] Automatically invoking str() in str.join()

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Apr 27 20:06:43 CEST 2006

Tim Peters wrote:

> > In which case why would we need a builtin?
>
> Because people enjoy arguing about the best order for the arguments,
> and about the best default separator value, neither of which you _can_
> argue about in the method spelling ;-)

no, because people enjoy writing readable code.  doing things by exe-
cuting methods attached to literals isn't very readable, and isn't used
for anything else.

I don't think anyone on this list can take the "but if there's more than
one argument, *I* am going to be confused" argument seriously.

</F>