[Python-3000] Add a standard GUI system

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Sat Apr 29 09:46:56 CEST 2006

> Tough sell to my coworkers who just install the
> JDK+Netbeans and have it all included, on any platform that I work on.

Yep, that's the problem in a nutshell.

Not standardizing a GUI system was an acceptable answer before Java,
but it won't wash in the 21st century.  Of course, wxPython, PyGTK,
etc., will all still be available for those who still want to use
them.  I'm just suggesting that Greg's system be made official and
standard.  Think of it as the "reference" GUI.  And, I guess, I'm
proposing that Py3K drop Tkinter.

By the way, let me repeat the URL:

http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python_gui/

Download the code and read the test cases.

Bill