[Python-3000] Add a standard GUI system

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat Apr 29 13:40:28 CEST 2006

Le vendredi 28 avril 2006 à 23:14 -0700, Josiah Carlson a écrit :
> Ultimately, PyGUI is essentially a wrapper of native or near-native
> widgets into a common interface.  wxPython is exactly the same thing,
> only it has a much larger user base, developer support, and (native and
> emulated) platform support.  Similar things can be said about the GTK
> and Qt bindings for Python (at least in terms of user base, developer
> and platform support), but I don't have experience with PyGTK or PyQt,
> so cannot comment on their quality/support/etc. versus wxPython.

FWIW, wxWidgets is far from perfect in abstraction terms. There are lots
of small differences among platform implementations which can be quite
annoying (e.g. radio buttons send different messages in different
orders).

wx is a very massive library with lots of functionality, and the
"cross-platform/native-look" aspect is great, but care of details is not
its strength.