[Python-3000] Add a standard GUI system

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Sat Apr 29 17:23:03 CEST 2006

Johan Dahlin schrieb:

>>No one uses GTK+ on Windows.
>>

>Quite a few application does.
>
>The most popular application is Bittorrent, which has used it for quite
>some time. And Bittorrent is probably the most used python application.
>
>Johan

I don't want to insist on this point. There might be quite a lot of
people using PyGTK but I'm not aware that Windows developers are among
them. Suggesting to use Python on a server and working through a browser
window works also in companies that won't touch Python otherwise.
Suggesting to use GTK for GUI development in a Windows environment is a
non-starter. Declaring something as "standard" implies for me that
people are aware about what they are going to rule out.