[Python-3000] Modules with Dual Python/C Implementations

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Dec 12 00:50:08 CET 2006

Brett Cannon wrote:
> It has been suggested we actually
> ditch the C version since we only want to maintain one version and the
> Python version can be used by alternative Python implementations.

Then we would lose all the speed advantages that were
presumably thought important when the C version was
created in the first place.

I say stop worrying and ditch the Python version. An
alternative Python implementation is going to have to
provide implementations of all the existing C-only
modules. A few more isn't going to kill it.

--
Greg