[Python-3000] how about switching to a preprocessor? (Re: A better way to initialize PyTypeObject)

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 01:53:03 CET 2006

Greg Ewing wrote:

> Does anyone have any recommendations for a site
> to host the repository? I'd really like to avoid
> SourceForge if possible, as it makes me cringe
> every time I go there -- cluttered pages, slow
> response, way too complicated UI.

You could contact Enthought:

http://enthought.com/

They host a number of projects under http://foo.scipy.org.  While their
focus is scientific projects and Pyrex has a wider audience, it also enjoys
great popularity amongst the numpy/scipy gang (myself included), so I think
it's a reasonable thing to try.

Disclaimer: IPython, which I lead, has been hosted by them for a long time.
I'm both happy and grateful for it, but I have otherwise no stake or saying
in their decisions.

Regards,

ps - feel free to ask me directly for contact details if you are interested.