[Python-3000] Py3k release schedule worries

Talin talin at acm.org
Tue Dec 19 05:02:04 CET 2006

Thomas Wouters wrote:
> On 12/18/06, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> However, I can pick up string formatting if no one else does, or help with
> the int/long unification. I should have more than enough time for all of
> those well before PyCon, or at PyCon -- it's not like they're really
> challenging; string formatting is easy, int/long unification is mostly done
> by Martin.

There's a Python prototype of the string formatting PEP in my Mercurial
repository here:

	http://www.viridia.org/hg/python/string_format

The main thing that needs to be done is to graft what's there in the
prototype into the actual built-in string class. I don't know if that
requires porting the prototype to C or not.

It also needs unit tests; I can help with that part if needed.

-- Talin