[Python-3000] Refactoring Tool

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Dec 19 06:57:30 CET 2006

On 12/18/06, Edward C. Jones <edcjones at comcast.net> wrote:
> Guido van Rossum" <guido at python.org> wrote:
> > As a symptom, I received very few
> > got were more of a theoretical nature "maybe look at this alternative
> > approach" rather than "how can I help" or "here's a refactoring I
> > wrote using your tool and here's a suggestion for how you can make it
> > easier to write such refactorings".
>
> Check out the ANTLR StringTemplate tool at "http://www.stringtemplate.org/".

Sorry, that's precisely the kind of response I *don't* want to here.
I'm sure I could learn something from ANTLR (I already looked at some
other part of it) but I need your help in telling me what you know
about it. If you count on me doing all the research, it's faster for
me to write something from scratch than to wade through all the links
on that page and find out what they mean.