[Python-3000] Py3k release schedule worries

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Dec 19 18:57:54 CET 2006

On 12/19/06, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/19/06, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> > > py-in-the-sky at python.org anyone?
> >
> > Quaint.  I can live with that.
>
> While I'm not against it, python-ideas may be a better name, simply
> because it doesn't have a connotation that any conclusions reached on
> the list are unlikely to be implemented :-)

Um, that was tongue-in-cheek. My serious proposal was python-4000, but
python-ideas sounds better to me because it won't eventually outdate
itself.

Effbot wrote:
> an alternative would be to move concrete 3.0-related implementation
> discussions back to python-dev, and keep this list for Python 3.0 PEP
> work and "year 3000" stuff.

But that's confusing since the 3.0 PEP work is *also* concrete
implementation related (at least in my mind it is supposed to be -- no
proposal will be accepted unless it's clear how it can be
implemented). And there are plenty of developers on python-dev who
prefer to stick to python 2.6 work.