[Python-3000] callable()

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Jul 28 01:33:32 CEST 2006

On 7/27/06, Steven Bethard <steven.bethard at gmail.com> wrote:
> [1] It might get you something for __hash__() if object.__hash__() is
> not removed, but that debate still seems to be in progress and I'm not
> sure it's worth the added complexity to handle one special case.

FWIW, I don't believe your "solution" to remove __hash__ and supply an
id-dict will work. Unless someone else supports it, it's off the table
as far as I'm concerned. Sorry, I can't exactly explain why, but my
gut tells me that. Maybe someone else can explain it to you. Or maybe
someone else can provide better support for your idea. By default, I
consider it dead.