[Python-3000] iostack and sock2

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Jun 6 15:20:02 CEST 2006

Jason Lunz wrote:
> greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz said:
>
> > Sort of like being able to define signal handlers
> > for file descriptors instead of having a small, fixed number of
> > signals.)
>
> That's supported on linux, but I don't
> know how portable it is. See F_SETSIG in fcntl(2), and sigaction(2).

According to the man page, it's Linux-specific.

It's not quite the same thing, anyway. What I had in
mind was attaching the handler itself directly to the
file descriptor, rather than going through a signal
number. That way, different piece of code can use the
mechanism independently on different file descriptors
without having to coordinate over sharing a signal
handler.

--
Greg