[Python-3000] PEP 3101 update

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jun 14 02:51:41 CEST 2006

Rudy Rudolph wrote:
> '9.3g' which means fill chars and
> digits in the first 5 positions, a decimal point if necessary in the
> sixth position, and digits and fill chars in the last three positions.

So what you're really asking for is an option for
suppressing trailing zeroes after a decimal point
(and replacing them with spaces).

That makes sense, although I think calling it
"decimal align" would be confusing. It confused
me, because I was thinking of what this means in
a word processor, where you're aligning decimal
points with some predetermined absolute position.

--
Greg