[Python-3000] Iterators for dict keys, values, and items == annoying :)

Adam DePrince adam.deprince at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 19:24:05 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 23:38 -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> On 3/24/06, Adam DePrince <adam.deprince at gmail.com> wrote:
> [Guido]
> > > Maybe. I need a volunteer to write the PEP!
> >
> > Oh, why not.  Me me!
>
> Excellent! Let us know when it's ready or when you'r stuck.

I've added "ALSO CONSIDERED" and "OBJECTIONS" as well as consideration
of the edge cases were iter.delete is called before the first .next or
afte the reception of a StopIteration error.

If everybody can take a look and start sending edits my way.   The PEP
is getting too big to copy and paste to the bottom of the email message.

http://www.deprince.net/ideas/peps.html.  Click on "Mutable
Iterations".

I've already started on an implementation, if I seriously misjudged the
direction of the community somebody yell at me before I commit too many
cups of coffee to it :-)

Cheers - Adam DePrince