[Python-3000] Iterators for dict keys, values, and items == annoying :)

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Mar 29 04:53:35 CEST 2006

Adam DePrince wrote:
> The first, and easiest to write about and
> implement, was to make iters deletable to give the appearance of having
> a view in what I thought was the only way we cared.

This is massively wrong. There's much more to the views
idea than just being able to delete things.

> I'm proposing a number of interfaces, including proper C-level
> interfaces.

I don't see a need for any formal protocols or interfaces
here. Each type will be unique in the kinds of views it
provides and what functionality they have. It's a design
pattern, not an interface.

--
Greg