[Python-3000] PyGUI in Py3K stdlib, more details

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon May 1 02:56:20 CEST 2006

Bill Janssen wrote:
> I've looked over the PyGUI code a bit more carefully.
>
> It still looks good to me as a Py3K standard portable GUI candidate.
> In particular, it doesn't look like it would be hard to port to Java
> Swing (for Jython) and Windows.Forms (for IronPython on .NET and
> Mono).  Might make good summer projects...

So you're really aiming at incorporating a gui-api for Python, so that it can
be pointed at the backend of choice? Something similar to what the DB-api
achieves for databases?

That certainly seems like a laudable goal. Advanced usage might still need to
dig into the underlying GUI framework directly, but a common front-end could
cover the needs of basic apps.

Cheers,
Nick.