[Python-3000] Add a standard GUI system

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon May 1 13:08:49 CEST 2006

Josiah Carlson wrote:

> Ultimately, PyGUI is essentially a wrapper of native or near-native
> widgets into a common interface.  wxPython is exactly the same thing,

Are you sure? Last time I looked at wxWindows, it seemed more
like it re-implemented everything its own way.

I might be wrong, but if wxWindows is just a wrapper, why
is it so huge?

> only it has a much larger user base, developer support,

My goal for PyGUI is to make it simple enough that it
doesn't *need* a huge amount of developer support. I want
it to fit in my brain like the rest of Python. :-)

--
Greg