[Python-3000] Add a standard GUI system

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Mon May 1 18:32:32 CEST 2006

On 1-mei-2006, at 4:10, Greg Ewing wrote:

>> we may as well go whole hog and take wxPython;
>
> I'd be disappointed if something like wxPython were chosen
> as the next "official" Python gui, for a lot of reasons --
> bloat, ugly and unpythonic API, non-native appearance and
> behaviour, dubious quality of ports, etc.

I agree. It's an absolute pain to build a wxPython application that
looks exactly right on several platforms (specifically Windows and
MacOS). IIRC several widgets also behave noticeably different on
MacOS and windows, although the details escape me at the moment.

I haven't seriously looked at PyGUI yet, but if tkinter were replaced
I'd prefer a simple pythonic interface and that is what PyGUI claims
to be.

Ronald