[Python-3000] PyGUI in Py3K stdlib, more details

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon May 1 19:11:42 CEST 2006

Bill Janssen wrote:

> > But PyGUI is not complete. (Greg is one of the people who says this.) And
> > I belive that it is just not ready to be the "blessed" Python GUI framework.
>
> I'm suggesting a concerted effort to *make* it complete over the rest
> of this year.  Or, if that's for some reason not possible, to pick
> some other framework and bless *that*.  I just think PyGUI is the best
> available candidate right now.

since this is the Py3K list, why hurry ?

I don't think PyGUI is good enough for a standard API; it feels way too
much "MFC era" for my tastes.

(for the record, I'd prefer a conceptual mix of HTML, PyGUI, WinForms,
and WCK, plus Tkinter's binding model and Canvas.  more about this some
other day.)

</F>