[Python-3000] PyGUI in Py3K stdlib, more details

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue May 2 02:28:13 CEST 2006

> > This seems like part of the application UI to me, not a toolkit issue.
>
> Um...no.  Most client-side email applications allow you to view email in
> a particular folder as a 'threaded' and 'non-threaded' view.  The
> 'non-threaded' view would be a list control, if I understand Antoine
> correctly.  I would also tend to agree that it is a very useful and/or
> necessary widget.

Josiah,

A widget toolkit which pre-implements parts of particular applications
does make it easier to implement those applications, I agree.  The
question in my mind is whether an application can be built even if
that particular widget is missing.  Core vs. useful, I suppose.

I encourage you to try some experimentation to see if there's
something in the design of PyGUI which would preclude such a widget
from being added.

Bill