[Python-3000] PyGUI in Py3K stdlib, more details

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed May 3 07:46:15 CEST 2006

Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> Including a simplistic GUI library in the stdlib is really *not* helpful
> to developers, it can even be deceptive.

what makes discussions like these impossible is that everyone is assuming
that their own requirements apply to everyone.

I strongly doubt that the "oh my god, I cannot believe it's not native code"
factor is that important to everyone.

(and for people who really care, using a portable GUI layer is a pretty stupid
thing to do in the first place.  make your widgets portable, use relevant ab-
stractions, and use native bindings for the rest.  it's not that hard, really )

</F>