[Python-3000] back with more GUI planning in a few days...

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed May 10 03:06:22 CEST 2006

Bill Janssen wrote:
> I also don't really see the point of the "standard
> application dialogs", as they are so easy to build yourself.

They can be very handy. Also, platforms may have
conventions about where to put the various buttons,
etc.

FWIW, PyGUI already has all the ones Talin mentioned
except the one with the text field, and I could add
that fairly easily.

> Styled text is another question mark.

One problem with styled text is deciding how far you
go with feature support. If you're not careful, you
can end up trying to embed an entire word processor
into the GUI library.

Another problem in a cross-platform environment is
how to represent styled text outside of the styled
text widget. Nowadays I suppose HTML is the obvious
way?

--
Greg