[Python-3000] Fwd: proposal: disambiguating type

Blake Winton bwinton at latte.ca
Tue May 23 18:58:37 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 09:54:57AM -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > (In fact, the first time I tried to use type( x ), I accidentally typed
> > 'typeof( x )'. So this is one data point as to how intuitive the name is.)
> The only intuitive interface is the nipple. Everything else is
> learned. (Jef Raskin, I believe.)

As the father of two young girls, let me add that the nipple isn't
particularly intuitive either.  It was a two-to-three day intensive
learning process for my wife and both babies.  (Although it was easier
the second time around, since then at least one of them knew what was
supposed to be happening.)

Later,
Blake.