[Python-3000] Instinctive interfaces (was proposal: disambiguating type)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue May 23 19:33:28 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> The only intuitive interface is the nipple. Everything else is
> learned. (Jef Raskin, I believe.)

Except, of course, that even nipples aren't intuitive (which I assume you
knew given that you have kids).  Further info on this subject is
off-topic, but here's a Google search  in case anyone wants proof ;-)

"learning breastfeeding"

Your previous comments that the critical characteristics are how easy an
interface is to remember and how easy it is to make appropriate guesses
about other uses of an interface seem more on-target.

"I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and stopped
right there."  --Steve Gonedes