[Python-3000] packages in the stdlib

Delaney, Timothy (Tim) tdelaney at avaya.com
Wed May 31 23:11:57 CEST 2006

Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> Le mardi 30 mai 2006 à 09:25 -0700, Brett Cannon a écrit :
>>
> The current flat namespace for the standard library is one *very*
> pleasant feature of Python. You only have to remember the module name
> itself, not its position in the hierarchy. Compare this with Java
> or .Net...

Yes - it is a very pleasant feature. However, it it also conducive to causing module/package name clashes.

I have no problems remembering the fully-qualified classnames I use most in Java, and have no problems looking up in the reference for ones I don't use as often. The same would apply to Python.

Tim Delaney